Best Western Sunset Inn
1601 8th Street, Cody, WY 82414-4134
Phone: +1 307-587-4265 | Fax: 307/587-9029 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Discover this hotel in Cody, Wyoming offering free breakfast, high-speed internet and an ideal location near Yellowstone National Park.
The Best Western Sunset Inn is a AAA 2 Diamond hotel located in Cody. Hotel guests will receive attentive customer care and the right travel amenities. This hotel is the perfect lodging choice when visiting the Buffalo Bill Center of the West, Old West Trail Town and Yellowstone National Park. Hotel guests will be near favorite local events including the Cody Night Rodeo, Pow-Wow and Rendezvous Royale. Guests will enjoy the nearby fishing, nearby horseback riding, hunting and snowmobiling in the Wyoming outdoors.
Valued guests will enjoy modern, comfortable rooms equipped with cable television and free high-speed internet. A deluxe, complimentary continental breakfast is served daily; come and enjoy it on our outdoor pergola! For those interested in a spacious dining experience, we also offer a great discount at the 8th Street Restaurant for breakfast hours. Please call the hotel for additional details. Additional hotel amenities include an indoor swimming pool, seasonal outdoor swimming pool, exercise facility, meeting and banquet rooms.
Make a reservation at the Best Western Sunset Inn serving travelers in the Cody, Wyoming area. Our outdoor pool will be closed for the season starting Monday, September 25, 2017. Thank you to all of our guests for a great season!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Outdoor pool Heated Seasonal
- Complimentary breakfast
- Spa We have a hot tub, please see photos on our website.
- Complimentary full breakfast, We have a rotating menu with plenty of delicious food to enjoy!
- Indoor pool Heated Beautiful indoor pool and hot tub! Come relax and enjoy!
- Playground We have a playground available to our guests; come and enjoy!
- 24-hour front desk
- Baggage hold
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Free parking
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Meeting facilities
- Banquet facilities
- Fax services Fax and Printing fee may apply.
- Photocopy services
- Exercise facility Open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. We have completely remodeled our fitness center for the 2017 season!
- Weight lifting equipment Yes
- Universal gym We also have a couple of free weights, elastic band and exercise ball available for guest use.
- Stair stepper Elliptical
- Stationary bike
- Treadmill Yes
- Locker room We have a changing room with the indoor pool; it is also near our outdoor pool.
- Exter corridor
- Multilingual staff English, Spanish limited
- Laundromat We have a change machine as well as vending for laundry soap and softener.
- Express check out We offer emails for our Express checkout.
- Late check out We can sometimes accommodate this request. Please contact the front desk during your stay.
- Children's activities We have a playground on-site. Please see photos on our website.
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center Located in the lobby, we have brand new MAC computers for your use.
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Notary public
- Mail services We have an outgoing mail slot and we also sell standard, postcard and international stamps.
- Wedding services, we have a small pergola on property, nice location for a small wedding party outside. Complete with bar set up and fire-pit. Please call for more details.
- Convenience store/Sundry We sell postcards, laundry soap and softener and a few snacks at the front desk.
- Physically challenged services Portable shower chairs available, please ask for assistance.
- Physically challenged facilities Grab bars in the accessible rooms.
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- 100% non-smoking property
- Complimentary coffee and newspapers in lobby
- 10% senior discount
- High-speed Internet access
- Discount at 8th Street Restaurant for breakfast
- Local Trolley pick up location. http://codytrolleytours.com/
- We sell rodeo tickets for regular nightly rodeo!
- Children's playground
Best Western Sunset Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western sunset inn in Cody.
Best Western Sunset Inn
Conveniently located, the best western sunset inn in Cody, Wyoming is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 44.520515 / Latitude: -109.072205
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: the north. On Yellowstone Highway US 14, 16 & 20, four blocks west of downtown Cody. The Best Western Sunset Inn is on right just past the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
From: the south. On Yellowstone Highway US 14, 16 & 20, four blocks west of downtown Cody. The Best Western Sunset Inn is on right just past the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
From: the east. On Yellowstone Highway US 14, 16 & 20, four blocks west of downtown Cody. The Best Western Sunset Inn is on right just past the Buffalo Bill Center of the West.
From: the west. From Yellowstone Park on Highway US 14, 16, & 20 continue past first stop light ½ mile. The Best Western Sunset Inn is on the left.
Best Western Sunset Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Learn All About Buffalo Bill & the American West
Described as one of Wyoming and Cody's most remarkable museums, the Buffalo Bull City of the West preserves the legacy of William F. Cody, the original Buffalo Bill and the town's namesake.
Explore six museums, which explore the heritage and artifacts of the region's outdoor history.
See displays of Buffalo Bill in action, take in Wyoming's natural history, see the lives of the Native Americans, and take in one of the most comprehensive collections of firearms in the world.
As you enjoy your next adventure in Wyoming, be sure to plan for a day of exploration at the Medicine Wheel/Medicine Mountain National Historic Landmark. Head north into the region just outside of Bighorn National Forest and the town of Lovell.
Originally known as Bighorn Medicine Wheel, this historic site is a premier destination in the Equality State. Found near the summit of Medicine Mountain, this site is an ancient prayer ground for the Crow Native Americans of the area. The site is essentially a circular rim 25 yards in diameter.
Old Faithful is an Iconic Sight in Wyoming
Established in 1872 by United States President Ulysses S. Grant, Yellowstone National Park is a premier site filled with an impressive collection of geothermal features.
One of the most visited features in the park, is Old Faithful. This cone geyser, the first one named in Yellowstone National Park, was first sighted by the members of the Washburn-Langford-Doane Expedition, in 1870.
Old Faithful is located in the Upper Geyer Basin area of the park and remains the world's best-known geyser.
Old Faithful is capable of erupting between 3,700 to 8,400 gallons of boiling water, reaching a height of up to 184 feet in the air, lasting one-and-a-half to five minutes.
The eruptions happen approximately every ninety minutes. Old Faithful remains the "most predictable geographical feature on Earth". While in the Rocky Mountains of Wyoming, be sure to schedule plenty of time for exploring this expansive park.
Although smaller in size, Grand Teton National Park, located directly south of Yellowstone, is another must-see destination for Wyoming travelers.
There are many ways you can enjoy a visit to Wyoming. Along the wide range of summer and winter-specific recreations, there are also some excellent festivals and fairs, and a premier driving tours, like the Natural Beauty Tour, and Big Horn Country Tour.
When your Wyoming visit has you in the north, near Shell, be sure to spend a day exploring the Red Gulch Dinosaur Tracksite. Discovered in 1997, this dinosaur tracksite is a coagulation of fossilized dinosaur footprints. These tracks are believed to have been made during the Middle Jurassic Period – close to 180 million years ago.
Shoshone National Forest Yields Exceptional Outdoor Fun
Spread out over nearly 2.4 million acres, Shoshone National Forest was established in 1891, making it the very first national forest in the US. The Shoshone National Forest shares it's western border with Yellowstone National Park.
You're in for an exciting outdoor adventure when you visit Shoshone National Forest. With more than 1,300 miles of trails for walking, hiking, and mountain biking, you're sure to get your fill of excitement – don't forget about the stunning views.
If you're a fan of horseback riding, make your way into Shoshone National Forest and head for the Eagle Creek Trailhead, Elk Fork Campground, or the Pahaska Trailhead – the very best places to ride in Shoshone.
Set in the beautiful city of Cody, found in northern Wyoming, Southfork Ice is a waterfall ice festival held every President's Day weekend. For over a decade, the Southfork Ice festival has featured live music, exceptional meals, and amazing ice climbing all in the South Fork of the Shoshone River. This spot in Cody is known to have not only the highest concentration of frozen waterfalls in Wyoming, but the entire country.
These Southfork Ice festival are held at the Cody Auditorium – found less than one mile from the Best Western hotel in Cody. Enjoy your time at what is known as the friendliest little ice festival in the northern Rockies, and happy climbing.
Yellowstone National Park is Vast Landscape
Known as America’s first and perhaps most iconic national park, Yellowstone National Park attracts roughly three million visitors annually.
Needless to say, Yellowstone houses an abundance of outdoor recreational opportunities – whether it’s boating on Yellowstone and Lewis Lake, exploring the Mammoth Hot Springs Area, or a visit to Old Faithful, there is clearly much to see.
Visitors are encouraged to stop by one of the Yellowstone Visitor Centers for interactive programs, travel tips, maps, and more.
More Area Attractions & Services
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.2 mile(s) from tennis courts
- 10 mile(s) from fishing
- 2 mile(s) from horseback riding
- 1 mile(s) from golf courses
Best Western Sunset Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Cody. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean