- HOTEL INFORMATION
- MAP & DIRECTIONS
- ATTRACTIONS & DINING
- LOCAL INTEREST
BEST WESTERN Pioneer
731 S Main Street, Lusk, WY 82225
Phone: 307/334-2640 Fax: 307/334-2660 30 Rooms
Check In Time: 3:00 PM Check Out: 11:00 AM
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Pioneer!
Mount Rushmore is just a day trip away from our lusk hotel, and there are plenty of other must-see attractions right here in Wyoming.
From the Crazy Horse Monument to Devil's Tower, welcome to the most exciting vacation imaginable. The Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota brings in bikers from around the country, and we're happy to accommodate groups. There's plenty of free truck and RV parking at our Lusk hotel, and complimentary high speed Internet and a complimentary hot breakfast make you feel right at home.
Start the morning with stacks of hot waffles, fruits and pastries, cereal, biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, yogurt and 100% Arabica coffee or juice. Whether you're heading to the Sturgis® Motorcycle Rally or Devil's Tower, we offer a great location for several sites. A few of our lusk hotel guests are here on business, and our spacious rooms are very conducive to productivity. Employees of the Wyoming Women's Center Correctional Facility, oil and land lease companies, the Union Pacific Railroad and Niobrata Health and Life Center all consider us their home away from home.
The Wind Cave National Park is another big attraction that brings in lusk hotel guests from near and far. Explore Mother Nature's bounty with free seasonal bicycle rentals, or simply relax at our heated seasonal outdoor pool. Cold weather hookups are available for trucks and RVs at no charge, and there's even a motorcycle wash area, so you'll be arriving at the rally in style. Enjoy a grill in the courtyard for an impromptu barbeque.
Friendly staff, a fantastic location and plenty of amenities easily make our lusk hotel a popular choice. Let us know what we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable. Our helpful staff always goes the extra mile, and our top priority is ensuring that you have a great trip.
Book your spacious BEST WESTERN Pioneer room right now!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Outdoor pool heated open Memorial Day to Labor Day
- Complimentary full breakfast. Fresh scrambled egg dish, biscuits & gravy, waffles with hot syrup.
- 24-hour front desk
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Truck/RV parking 24 hours free
- Free parking 24 hours
- Parking for the physically challenged, 24 hours, in front of Physically Challenged room
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Exterior corridor
- High-speed and wireless Internet access in business center and public areas.
- Guest laundry nominal fee
- Late check out with approval
- Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business Center free. Fax, Copies, Guest Computer
- Printer available, network/Internet printing available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy machine
BEST WESTERN Pioneer
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western pioneer in Lusk.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer
Conveniently located, the best western pioneer in Lusk, Wyoming is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 42.755955 / Latitude: -104.451665
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Orin Junction off I-25. Head east Highway 20 for 41 miles. The BEST WESTERN Pioneer is located at the Junction of 85 and 20.
From: Newcastle South Highway 85. Head south on 85, the BEST WESTERN Pioneer is located at the Second stop light head South on 85.
From: Lingle North Highway 85. Head north out of Lingle on 85, the BEST WESTERN Pioneer is located at the Junction of 85 and 20.
From: NE State Line on Highway 20. Head west on Highway 20, come to the stop light and turn left, south on 85, the BEST WESTERN Pioneer is located at the Junction of 85 and 20.
BEST WESTERN Pioneer
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located in Niobrara County, the Legend of Rawhide is an annual event set in the city of Lusk in eastern Wyoming. Held at the Niobrara County Fairgrounds during the second week of July, the Legend of Rawhide is a three-day celebration of Niobrara County heritage.
Operated by community volunteers, the Legend of Rawhide has been a staple of the Lusk event calendar for over 50 years. Events include poker tournaments, car and bike shows, dances, marathons, parades, the anticipated Legend of Rawhide Pageant, and of course the famed Legend of Rawhide performance.
Set in the former Wyoming National Guard Armory building, the Stagecoach Museum is located in eastern Wyoming in the city of Lusk. This two-story museum features artifacts of the area’s western heritage, including the popular and authentic stagecoach used Cheyenne to Black Hills Stage & Express Line.
Old west fans may browse relics like buggies, a one-room schoolhouse, and even a two-headed calf. Open Monday through Saturday, the Stagecoach Museum is admitted with a $2 donation fee for adults.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Stagecoach Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from Redwood Water Tower
- 5.00 mile(s) from Mother Feather Legs
- 8.00 mile(s) from Stage Coach Ruts
- 18.00 mile(s) from Hat Creek Stage Station
- 48.00 mile(s) from Robbers Roost, north of Lusk
- 55.00 mile(s) from Fort Robinson State Park, Highway 20E to NE
- 60.00 mile(s) from Fort Laramie, National Historic Site, south on 85 to Highway 26
- 60.00 mile(s) from Agate Fossil Beds, National Historic Site, east on Highway 20 to south on Highway 29
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 50.00 mile(s) from Fort Laramie
- 60.00 mile(s) from Fort Robinson
- 80.00 mile(s) from Scottsbluff, Nebraska
- 104 mile(s) from Casper
- 130 mile(s) from Mount Rushmore, South Dakota
- 140 mile(s) from Cheyenne
- 140 mile(s) from Buffalo
- 148 mile(s) from Deadwood, South Dakota
- 151 mile(s) from Rapid City, South Dakota
- 155 mile(s) from Devils Tower
- 157 mile(s) from Sturgis, South Dakota
- 166 mile(s) from Laramie
- 260 mile(s) from Denver
- 370 mile(s) from Yellowstone National Park
- 388 mile(s) from Jackson Hole
- .25 mile(s) from Lusk State Bank
- .50 mile(s) from Bank of the West
- 57.00 mile(s) from Eastern Wyoming College
- 82.00 mile(s) from Chadron State College in NE
- 87.00 mile(s) from Western Nebraska College
- 104 mile(s) from Casper College
- 140 mile(s) from LCCC, Cheyenne, WY
- 166 mile(s) from Wyoming University, Laramie, WY
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from golf and hunting
- 0.10 mile(s) from BQ Corral, seasonal
- 0.10 mile(s) from El Jarro, Mexican/American
- 0.20 mile(s) from Fireside Restaurant and Cowboy Bar
- 0.20 mile(s) from Subway
- 0.30 mile(s) from Outpost Cafe
- 0.50 mile(s) from Deckers Food Center, grocery store
- 0.60 mile(s) from Rawhide Creek Coffee Company
- 0.60 mile(s) from The Pizza Place
- 0.60 mile(s) from The Pub
- 0.70 mile(s) from The Silver Dollar Bar
- 0.70 mile(s) from The Liquor Store Lounge
- 9.00 mile(s) from 3 Sisters Truck Stop
BEST WESTERN Pioneer
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Lusk. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Carson & Barnes Circus
Known as the "World's Biggest Big-Top Show", the fun-filled event takes place on the grounds of the Casper Event Center in Casper. Shows at 4:30 P.M. and 7:30 P.M. both days.
The star of Comedy Central's hit "Tosh.0" will shock and offend at Cheyenne Frontier Park in Cheyenne – but the laughs will be loud. Not for the squeamish, the show starts at 9:30 P.M.
Lander Brew Festival
Featuring more than 50 micro brews, live music and family fun to maintain its status as the premier brew festival in Wyoming, the event is held on the soccer fields adjacent to Lander Valley High School in Lander. The first glasses are poured at 5 P.M.
Complete with rides, live music, arts and crafts, a 5K/10K Run/Walk, a volleyball tournament and much more, the 31st Annual HollyFrontier Superday will be held at Lions Park in Cheyenne. Events start at 10 A.M.
National High School Finals Rodeo
Held in Rock Springs
2013 Buffalo Bill Cody Stampede
2013 marks the 94th anniversary of this rodeo, named "Best Large Outdoor Rodeo of the Year" in 1998 and 1999 by the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. The action starts at 10 A.M. at Stampede Park in Cody.
Legend of Rawhide
Over 200 volunteers tell Wyoming's classic folk tale through reenactment. Festivities include a 5K walk, car show, dances and more. The fun starts at 7 P.M. both nights.
The veteran rock powerhouse best known for the ever-enduring "Don't Stop Believing" will pack Cheyenne Frontier Park alongside fellow hit makers Styx. Showtime is at 8 P.M.
The country superstar, hot on the heels of yet another No. 1 album, will stop his tour at Cheyenne Frontier Park in Cheyenne. Gates open at 8 P.M.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean